Old May 23rd 05, 09:03 PM
Scott Skylane

H.P. wrote:

The audio output device needs a compression circuit to keep audio levels
more near a constant output. There are portable cd players out there that
have such a feature.

My iPod *does* have an audio compression feature, and it is turned on.
Quite simply, the minimum audio signal required to power up the Muse is
higher than I would like it to be.

Your headset may have a dip switch that's factory set to mono-out a stereo
input - like the Bose headset. Try the other setting. Or it may be wired in
mono. Try it on a stereo source at home.

No switch on my headsets, they're good ol' mono DC's. Knowing that the
majority of aviation headsets are mono, PSE incorporated a mini switch
inside the Muse, to provide either stereo or mono output. The position
of said switch has no discernable effect on the music I hear in my headsets.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane