Old May 24th 05, 07:47 PM
Guillermo

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
DUH!

I feel no sympathy for Mr. Sheaffer. I feel a little for Mr. Martin, but

he
too, even as a 30 hour student, should have flight planned the route and
made himself extremely familiar with it.

No call to FSS. No VFR or ADIZ flight plan. No flight following. No

clue.
No more ticket. No excuses.

I agree with Jim 100%. The statement also says that they "took a more
southerly route in order to avoid the restricted airspace over camp david",
but its kinda unbelievable because the direct route was right over DC. To
get into camp david they would have to fly a lot more west that they needed
to get to the airport in NC.
If I ever need to fly under VFR in the proximity of the area, I'd definitely
fly a flight plan and get flight following....