Old June 2nd 05, 02:26 PM
309

All of the aruguing aside, can anybody out there tell me a little of
the history of QNH, QFE, and QNE (etc.), specifically, WHAT does the
"Q" stand for??? The "F"? The "N", the "H" or the "E"???

I can see reasons for using each and every setting, and I can see
reasons for NOT using each and every setting.

My opinion is that we should all learn to do the math (in both
directions), and I am not practicing what I've just preached (at least
when it comes to using QFE!).

Just wait until there's another mid-air, and suddenly all gliders are
required to be equipped with transponders, TCAS, ADS-B, radio
altimeters and "bitchin' betty's" to annoy pilots getting too close to
stall (or spin)...

Again, where did the "Q" come from???

-Pete