Old September 7th 03, 05:14 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Mike Rapoport wrote:

How is it less efficient to have fewer people do more?

Tired people don't work as well and it takes time to switch from one task to
another. The total number of hours worked goes up. Typically, the quality of
the results also goes down. As far as I'm concerned, the people who are left
are working less efficiently than before.

And is it really the same amount of work

Yes, it's really the same amount of work. Until the company loses the contract.
When that happens, the entire group gets canned.

The area of telecom about which I'm speaking is the software, planning, and
management side. The sections of the telecom industry that actually handle
calls are union. When people get paid time-and-a-half, it's usually not a good
idea to downsize the work force unless the amount of work actually decreases.

George Patterson
A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move
the body.