Old June 17th 05, 12:31 PM
Denny

Bend over, grab ankles...
Next time check with the group before spending money... From my POV,
the best solution would have been to purchase a new encoder (per Mike)
and a new altimeter (per me - never, never, never OH an instrument that
can kill you, when brand new is jsut a few bucks more!) and pay the
mechanic 'one time' to pull the old and replace with the new... Then
the old items can probably be sold to an instrument overhaul shop as
cores, recovering a few bucks... or on ebay ;()

Incidently, my encoder (ACK) older than the hills, mounted in a junker
Apache, with a ham fisted, incompetent, for a pilot, was adjusted and
passed the IFR check just fine a few weeks back... The altimeter was
brand new... It passed the check also...
denny