Old June 20th 05, 03:03 AM

Default PanAm

Hi

My name is Sebastian Nelson and I have recently come into possession of
some old family photo albums which include some pictures related to my
great-grandfather Jerry Eldridge and his brother Bill Eldridge.
Grandpa Jerry was a PanAm mechanic in Alameda, California beginning in
1936, and Uncle Bill was, according to a December 1941 newspaper
article, "a pioneer with Pan American, going with them in '27 and
flying as pilot to all Carribean islands and South America and then was
one of the few who established all the bases in the Pacific and was
operations manager with headquarters in Honolulu at the time of the Jap
attack." Bill and Jerry had to be evacuated from Wake Island on 8
December 1941.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could look at these airplane pictures I
found and
tell me about them. I don't know anything about old airplanes. Can
anyone tell if the info on the reverse of two of the photos is
consistent with their
respective images? Can the numbers on the wings tell anything about
the
planes? I'd love to be able to pick someone's brain and add that info
to the
family photo album:

http://home.pacbell.net/nelsnfam/panam1.jpg
reverse: http://home.pacbell.net/nelsnfam/panam4.jpg