Old June 29th 05, 03:25 PM
Roy Page

I am paying my first visit to OSH this year.
What kind of good deals have been given in the past ?

--
Roy
N5804F - PA28-181 Piper Archer II

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I was able to get into the dealer buildings on Sunday just fine, snooping
around for a good deal on a 196.

All them said they'd wouldn't give a firm price til monday. They wanted
to check the competition...

Yeah, that was my experience, too. Before the show starts, the vendors
are all psyched up and cocky -- and who can blame them? Why should they
give anyone a price right before 800,000 people descend on them?

Don't expect any "deals" until mid-week. And then don't expect any really
good deals on the "hot items" (whatever they are -- it changes every
year).

However, if you're looking for something that's both (a) well represented
by many vendors, and (b) not "the new thing" on the field this year (like,
for instance, and JPI EDM-700 engine analyzer) you can expect to find
really good deals in OSH.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA