Old October 2nd 03, 07:30 AM

Robert Moore wrote:

"Ron Natalie" wrote
Because the departure delay for that wouldn't likely have been
any shorter doing that than just getting an IFR clearance for
his full route. .

As I understood it, the delay was due to landing conditions at
the destination, not for takeoff.

Bob

I thought so too, but I don't know where all these airports are situated (so I don't know how delays and reroutings at Indy affect the sector he flew into).

The NTSB ruling mentined some captain and his first officer that witnessed the takeoff and also that this guy took off right after an IFR departure. I assume, from that, that there was a queue of planes waiting for their IFR departures. So this guy cut in line and the people waiting were ****ed and turned him in. Kinda like the impatient drivers out there that weave in and out of traffic.