Old October 4th 03, 12:05 AM
Jon Carlson

One other question, actually. You're using one of the Compaq tablet
PCs. You mention transflective displays might be better. How bad is
what you've got? Is it readable at all in sunlight?

Also, using the official Tablet PCs, do you find the requirement for a
radio based pen to be an issue at all? I can imagine dropping it at
the moment when you really need to click something somewhere on the
screen.... And frequently a fingertip works nicely for me on the
Fujitsu tablet. Also it's handy not to have to fish the pen out of its
holster all the time. Any commentary?

-Jon C.

"John McLaughlin" wrote in message
om...
I have been using WxWorx for nine months, beginning with the early
beta software. I prefer a tablet pc with enough resolution to run

in
portrait mode with WxWorx on the top 1/2 of the screen and XMLink on
the lower 1/2 so I can monitor the signal status. I have a velcro
kneeboard the compaq tablet attaches to. I am doing a talk for a
local aviation conference and posted the powerpoint files to
http://www.weatherpros.com/wmwx_files/frame.htm
Warning, slow connections will take some time to see the photos, but
you will clearly see what the display looks like in sunlight,

portait
mode, in actual convection, etc. There are some comparison of XM-WX
data to data from internet sources.

John McLaughlin
Commercial Pilot
Radar Meteorologist