Old July 5th 05, 04:23 PM
Frank Stutzman

Juan Jimenez wrote:

The subject of this thread never left the issue of leaning carbureted
engines before you started talking about LOP leaning. LOP is only for some
fuel injected engines, and only those with very exact fuel metering and the
right hardware to monitor what's going on in each cylinder.

I'll repeat my quibble I previously mentioned on this thread...

If you said most carbureted engines can't run LOP, then I would agree.

However, the Continental E-225 (with a Bendix PS-5C carburetor) in my
Bonanza will run LOP. While not a 0-470, its a pretty durn close
(virtually the same displacement). I do have a JPI with fuel flow on
this installation and would be happy to send anybody a download of a
flight demostrating this.

Also LOP operations were the standard airline procedure with the large
radials in DC-4/DC-6 days. Those were decidedly carbed engines.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"