Old July 6th 05, 05:44 PM
Guenther Eichhorn

It doesn't matter where you fly, you ALWAYS need the license of the
country where the aircraft is registered. If you fly a US registered
aircraft, you need a US license, whether you fly in the US, to or from
the US of entirely in other countries.

Guenther Eichhorn

In article ,
Peter writes:
Question:
May I use a foreign pilot's license to fly a U.S.-registered aircraft
from the U.S. to the country that issued my license?

Answer:
You may fly from the U.S. to another country using your license for
that country if the aircraft is registered in that country. If the
aircraft is registered in the U.S., you must have a U.S. license to
fly while still in the U.S. You would also need a commercial license
and a U.S. instrument rating if you were using instruments.

****

WHY does one need a "commercial license" if using instruments?? Surely
a PPL with an IR is OK for IFR flight.