Old July 25th 05, 05:51 PM
Corky Scott

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:46:34 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
wrote:

The vibration is because the wheels
aren't balanced, a common problem with training airplanes, due to students
and their poor braking habits.

That and squaring off the tires when landing.

When I was training, I too noticed the vibration when we took off. I
asked my CFI about it and he said "if you don't like it, just step on
the brakes." I did that from then on, whenever I encountered the
vibrating tires. Just takes a second.

I've read accounts of bush pilots who have huge oversize tires having
to screw the rims to the tire bead to prevent them from slipping on
the rims and cutting off the air nozzle. They have a lot more mass
behind them than the tires on a Cessna 172 though.

Corky Scott