Old July 30th 05, 07:32 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"W P Dixon"
:

Anyone ever had anything to do with this plane, I really like it. Just
wonder about the gear used on modern versions. Such as what type
wheels /brakes? I actually like the original simple rubber/washer
combination in the landing gear itself. Any experiences?

The original gear is OK, but if you have a set of early drawings you'r
eplanning on building from, you'd be better off leaving them in the drawer.
There are a few design deficiencies in the early thirties versions
particularly in the wing fittings. Paul Poberezny fixed all of those when
he revamped the airplanes, but I don't think there's anythng wrong with the
outrigger gear in the original.