Old November 2nd 03, 07:15 PM
Newps

Snowbird wrote:

Now that I think about it some more, I think the issue is
that some VFR towers (which won't tell you "radar contact")
can relay radar vectors from the radar approach control
which serves them. But sitting on the ground, I have no
way of knowing whether Whatzits Approach meets the criteria
(whatever they are) to provide radar vectors to Podunk Tower.
If I hear "fly heading XXX, intercept the ABC 188 degree
radial" is that a vector or a heading?

Vectors and headings are the same.

I think the rule has to be, if there's something to hit
and departure instructions don't include the obstacle
DP, Ask.

Can't ever go wrong by asking.