Old November 6th 03, 10:47 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:19:39 -0800, wrote:

I think you're missing my point. There are many IFR airports that have Part 97 IFR
takeoff minimums but no ODP because they are 40:1-clear in all directions once reaching
400 feet. That is the result of a survey by the feds. There aren't any such surveys or
takeoff minimums at VFR airports but some Part 91 pilots don't understand the distinction
since takeoff minimums are mandatory for them.

That's a different point than what you wrote in response to my comment
about flying ODP's.