Old August 18th 05, 07:30 AM
Hilton

john smith wrote:
Raybans are no longer the product they once were.
When Luxotica bought the brand, they reduced the warranty to uselessness.
When Bosch&Lomb owned the brand, the warranty was lifetime, and they
honored it.

Obviously YMMV, but my impression with a pair I bought about 2 years ago in
Solvang on the way back from Catalina was that the lenses are as good as
ever and the frame is even better. Having said that, one piece of glass
sometimes pops out, but they have been dropped, pulled, twisted etc (I love
my girls...) and still going (relatively) strong.

I've always bought Rayban. For a 'computer geek' since the age of about 15
and after countless hours in front of TVs, crappy monitors, but lately only
DVI LCDs, I finally went in for my first ever full eye exam. Turns out I
almost have 20/10 vision - woohoo! Perhaps the lens do help, perhaps not,
but I'm sticking with Rayban.

Hilton