Old August 22nd 05, 02:57 AM
Helowriter

Well, I like the MDExplorer, and it would be nice to advance the state
of the art with a NOTAR LUH. They've had a decade to work out the
kinks, and I think the MDExplorer would be a durable utility
helicopter.

That said, the 210/Huey would probably be a low-cost choice, easy to
field and support, If Bell adds some new technology to the basic air
vehicle, the Huey could be a good choice.

The helicopter is only one part of the Package. Personally, I'd
rather a helicopter company -- Bell -- be the LUH prime.

I think we should see if Lockheed comes in on schedule and within
budget on VXX before Owego leads another helo program.

HW