Old August 27th 05, 04:09 AM
Gerhard Wesp

Default Oxymeters

All,

anybody using oxymeters to control their saturation ratio during flight?

In the alps we frequently fly in altitudes around 10k feet where legally
no oxygen is required. However a recent article made me wonder if
additional oxygen would make sense even at these altitudes.

If I could confirm or deny that the fatigue which I experience every so
often is caused by hypoxia, the decision to only fly with oxygen would
be really easy.

Or it might help to learn and monitor special breathing techniques which
might suffice to keep the level high enough for the altitudes I'm
speaking of.

Any input greatly appreciated!

-Gerhard
--