Old August 31st 05, 10:33 PM
Frankie

History being what it is, how can Americans justify keeping
"illegals" out? Every single one of the old immigrants was treading
on Indian toes, killing them, drugging them, using starvation and
biological warfare against them to steal their land, only to turn
around and claim squatter's rights?

I seriously doubt those who say this, really believe it.

You're condeming Americans as bad people who have no right to a civilized
society, while justifying anarchy.

Your comparison disregards historical context and completely ignores
America's (legal) immigrant past. Colonization and our westward expansion
are history now, and since then we've established the most successful
country in the world.

If you really feel this way, human history must look pretty bleak to you -
and it must very difficult to get up every morning.

What's that on the statue of liberty? "Send me your poor, your
downtrodden,..." Yes, them French got a funny sense of humour, all
right.

It's a monument to legal immigration - not chaos. The joke's on you.

Frankie