Old September 5th 05, 05:00 AM
Jack Allison

N93332 wrote:

On a different topic (kinda), what should I charge as a Sport Pilot CFI?
Talking with someone at FSDO says that a sport pilot CFI with only a private
certificate can charge for the training. I suppose it'll depend if there's
any market for (Ercoupe) sport pilots in the area. I still have to study for
the tests anyways so it'll be a while before I get the SP-CFI added.

Hmmm, good question. My last CFII and the guy I'm going to be flying
with soon both charge $35/hr. Now, does this mean that a sport pilot
CFI with a private certificate should charge less? Good question and
one that I'm certainly not qualified to answer. Good luck with the
SP-CFI thing. It will be interesting to hear how that all works out for
you.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student