Old September 8th 05, 11:37 AM
Frank van der Hulst

Morgans wrote:
I recently topped my best, by shooting a air powered roofing nail, all the
way through my little finger, on the outside of my fingernail, coming out
the middle of the bottom. Ouch!

Well, if it's time for war stories...

My best involved a jigsaw. In a bit of rush, so didn't clamp the work
down solidly. The blade (Did I mention that I get extra use out of every
blade by using them until they're totally blunt?) snagged, the whole saw
jumped so that the blade was about an inch above the work, and,
crucially, higher than my thumb. Down it came, through the thumbnail,
and out the fleshy part of the thumb.

Actually, the worst part was about a week later. The tissue in my thumb
was healing into a big lumpy mass, and the doctor decided that liquid
nitrogen was the way to get rid of it. Tears to the eyes stuff, that is!