Old September 12th 05, 11:22 AM
Cub Driver

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:13:20 -0500, "Kevin Dunlevy"
wrote:

Should I force myself to always do full stop taxi backs, even thought other
pilots and tower personnel seem to prefer that I do touch and goes?

I would say that local practice rules. Many small airports prohibit
touch & go's, whether because the runways are short or because they're
trying to cut down on noise.

I've had the airport manager come out and ask me to use the taxiway
instead of back-taxiing on the runway, but I've never had one complain
about T&Gs. (Well, for me they are stop & go's, but the principle is
the same.) But then I know the local airports that discourage T&Gs.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com