Old September 26th 05, 04:08 PM
Blanche

Jim Burns wrote:
I emailed Angel Flight Central concerning the Command Pilot designation and
they informed me that they do not use the Command Pilot designation and do
not require any orientation. Once you register with Angel Flight Central
you are able to fly missions.

Jim

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Jim Burns wrote:
Jack,
Can you tell me the difference between an AF Command Pilot and a

"regular"
pilot? I just poured over my Angel Flight info and it doesn't mention
Command Pilot anywhere. And what was the orientation procedure?

As I understand it Jim, a command pilot is one that has gone through the
orientation process and is therefore able to fly AF missions. If you
haven't gone through the orientation, you could go on a mission but only
as an assistant (which is a good way to learn the process).

Each of the 7 Angel Flight groups has similar but not exactly the
same requirements. For example, an IFR is required by some of the
groups on the east side of the Mississippi River, but for Angel Flight
West, it's only a "nice to have".

As for flying missions, AFW requires each of us to go thru the
orientation. Perhaps it's just to ensure we understand the paperwork
and procedures and keep the insurance company happy?

As for me, even with an IFR, I still wouldn't fly a mission in
IMC. All to often out here (Colorado), IMC translates to ice,
Tstorms and more ice. Altho today it's merely a light fog that
will dissipate by 10 am (or sooner).