Old September 27th 05, 06:15 PM
Roy Page

Well you could be correct about a possible vapor lock.
As far as I can see the fuel lines are not insulated.
The autofuel STC on an Archer calls for mods to the fuel system to prevent
vapor locks.
But I do run on 100LL which is less volatile that Regular Gas.
But if the PA28 aircraft are prone to vapor locks, I would have expected to
see an AD a long time ago ?

Thanks for the input.

Roy

"nrp" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any chance you are looking at a partial vapor lock? Are the fuel lines
insulated? I heard from a couple of sources (though years ago) that
Piper Cherokees are more prone to these problems than most other
autofuel STC holders.