Old October 5th 05, 09:43 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Seth Masia wrote:
This is one reason I no longer lease back my airplane -- because people ran
it without regard for fuel burn, and the FBO charged me for the waste. When
I fly it, I get 150knots at 10.5 gph, but I saw renters burn 40 gal every
three hours. Nuts.

I generally run at 65-75% power, with whatever fuel burn keeps the mags from
run the power at whatever combination will allow the slowest RPM (for reduced
noise). 2100 RPM is quite a bit easier on my ears than 2400 RPM.... and I can
still pull 65% power if I don't go too high.

I never saw much sense in running balls to the wall on a rental. Sure, I'm
paying for it, but I'm also depending on it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN