Old October 14th 05, 09:02 PM
Roger

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 05:40:25 -0000, Jim Logajan
wrote:

ET wrote:
When have you seen a jet fighter with a high wing??

Corsair. Supersonic carrier based fighter with variable incidence wing
for lower landing speeds. Big sucker, looks like a flying stove pipe
with a wing stuck on top.

There is one to the right of the ME262 in the photo, but unfortunately
only a small portion shows. http://www.rogerhalstead.com/me262.htm
although the high wing is quite prominent.

Some where around here I have a couple of good photos of that Corsair
as well. I'd have to dig out the information, but the pilot became an
ace in it. BTW the 262 in the photo is the one that was disassembled
to use as a model for building the ones that are now flying. This
photo was shot at Willow Grove Naval Air Station back in the 80's.
Actually I just had a shot of memory recall. It was October 1984 when
I shot those photos.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

The Heinkel He 162:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_162

To the public at large, a low wing plane is just a sexier, faster
"look" to it.

Perhaps - but add a touch of sweep-back to the wings and a more graceful
fuselage and a high-wing will look sexy enough.