Old October 25th 05, 03:43 AM
Andy Blackburn

Default 2002 ASW 27B

At 01:12 25 October 2005, Btiz wrote:
why 3 varios... taking a sample average and deciding
from there?

I fly with a 302 driving WinPilot, an LX 7000 and a
Winter vario. The 302/Winpilot is for primary vario
and task management, the LX 7000 is for alternates,
a second opinion on winds/final glides, and a full
GPS/logger/computer/vario backup and the Winter is
in case my electrics go kaput. Why do I do it? Because
I can.

and why would the wings have to be 'profiled ' in 3
years since new?

Ooooh, that's a sore point for Schleicher owners -
thanks for poking at it. My -27 goes in for sanding
this winter. Spar shrinkage was starting to hurt performance.

9B