Old November 11th 05, 04:33 PM
Jose

Default IFR with a VFR GPS

Perhaps, but the reason for my reference to the accident in this thread was
to support my point that the possibility exists for instrument-rated pilots
to use a VFR GPS as the only means of navigation. It is unquestionable
that this accident pilot did.

It is =not= unquestionable that this accident pilot did. It is known
that a VFR GPS was found at the accident site. If a tuna sandwich was
found there, would that be incontrivertable evidence that the pilot was
relying solely on a tuna sandwich for IFR flight?

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.