Old November 22nd 05, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default "An Airplane In Every Garage"

Is anyone doing any instructing in light sport aircraft yet? (I have seen
none in my area, yet.) What do they cost per hour to operate? It's got to
be pretty affordable, no?

St. Charles Flying Service at 3SQ is (the last time I checked) only 1
of 2 part 141 schools in the country. They had a writeup in AOPA Pilot
recently.

They have 2 Evektor Sport Star trainers. They rent for the same price
as their (beat-up) 172's, but are obviously newer. They quote a
complete 141 SP package price of less than $3k.
http://www.stcharlesflyingsvs.com/lightsport.php

I'm based at a field near there (KSET) and they are buzzing around all
the time, so they are definetely getting a lot of use. Comments I've
heard are that they are a "really fun" to fly.

I got my PP and Instrument ratings at 3SQ and they are a great bunch of
people to work with.

Brian