Old November 27th 05, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Temporary TFR zones

Yes, Yes. You must treat it as a priviledge to fly this route. Do not go too
low or near downtown buildings,
and do not linger too long over the bridges. I try to sound a professional
as I can to ATC, and get all information I can before going.
But while we can, it is so cool.

Another issue is low fog in that area which may not be covered by flight
service briefings. You can find detailed satellite photos at
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/BriefgNav.php. Also check the Berkeley web cam
at http://sv.berkeley.edu/view/index.html.
Even if the rest of the Bay is perfectly clear, fog can cover the Golden
gate and the coast. ATC may vector you out over the fog.

Dave

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
If the local SFO politicians get the chance, they will
likely ask for a vote by the "poeople" of SFO, to ban
aircraft smaller than 40,000 pounds GW, since the smaller
aircraft are just for the rich and could be described as
Saturday (week-end) Specials. Remember, aircraft are not
protected by the Constitution, it is a privilege to fly and
in SFO even Constitutional Rights are not protected from the
voters.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Dave D" wrote in message

| What raises this question is trying to do a BAY TOUR at
SFO during a
| Giants
| or 49er home game. The usual restriction is below 2000
or 1500 feet west
| of
| bayshore freeway. This restriction will put you within
the TFR for
| Candlestick park and many times 3COM park.
|
| I don't know the answer, but the last time I flew a Bay
Tour there was a
| Giants game going on.
| I was prepared to ask fot the *I-280 transition* but never
got the chance as
| they directed me that way anyway.
| This brought me out over the west side of the pennisula up
to the Golden
| Gate, outside the TFR.
|
| Once you get to the Bay, they let you go on your own
navigation, below the
| 3000' class B floor, and north of the Bay Bridge. Thats
when you have to
| watch out for the TFR and avoid downtown.
|
| I don't know if they always do this. I've only flown it 3
times since I got
| my certificate.
| According to my instructor, the basic choices are low
route (1500') or the
| high route (3500'), and taking the 101 or the 280
transition. The time I
| took the low route, I had to ask for it, as they (Norcal)
first wanted to
| send me up to 3500'.
|
| At an A's game I went to, there seemed to be a lot of
light planes passing
| nearby. Flying to the coliseum, then to the 29 numbers is
a standard way to