Old November 30th 05, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Helicopter superstitions and "old wives" tales?

Right "boy" needs scrathing, in trim, left "boy" out of trim flight
condition. If both itch try eliminating starch or pressing. Use
"tumbled dry cycle". If all else fails, wax instead of shaving.

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:07:46 GMT, boB
wrote:

Hi Si. I'm glad you are doing so good. A tail rotor out of balance
causes a high frequency vibration which you can feel as a buzzing. In
the aircraft I've flown you sometimes can feel it in the pedals and
you
may feel like your feet are going to sleep. Other times you may feel
it
in the door frame when you touch it with your hand. I don't know what
an R22 feels like though.

Never had the urge to scratch my nose while flying. Must have good
tailrotors on the ships I fly. Now I have had the urge to scratch my
"boys" while flying - I wonder what that might indicate.