Old December 7th 05, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default A different lamp base

I had a 470 cylinder that I cracked sitting around here that I wanted
made into a lamp. My wife finally found a guy at a craft fair here.
They were from Greybull, WY. Turned out really cool.

RST Engineering wrote:

I dunno about a lamp, but the one I thrashed in Wyoming makes a hell of a
nice outdoor planter.

Jim

"Blanche Cohen" wrote in message

Had to replace the cast iron/steel/whatever cylinder (Piper part 65319)
on my cherokee a couple years ago because of a crack (which later was
an AD, but my A&P caught it early). The shop presented it to me with
the comment "it'll make a *great* lamp base!".

Well, not for me. I don't think any of my tables would hold the
weight! But if anyone would like it (for lamp or scrap, I don't
think it can be repaired) let me know, and it's your's for
shipping (as cheap as I can find it) and a pint of Ben & Jerry's
Chocolate Fudge ice cream.

Why now? Because I'm cleaning out the basement--lousy weather in
Colorado.