Old March 6th 04, 05:32 PM
Otto Braasch

On 18 February I wrote:
Let me report on the outcome of my installation within one or two weeks. The 196 with
both mounts, Garmin and RAM, has arrived yesterday.

I have installed the RAM mount with the Garmin GPSmap 196 at the yoke and have flown
about 15 hours with it. The RAM kit offers much more flexibility than the original Garmin
mount and I easily can position it to maintain best view of the panel behind.
RAM is at www.ram-mount.com and offers a very detailed catalogue on its various
mounts, which fit almost anything one could wish to work with in the cockpit - without
putting it into the panel.

I bought the RAM gear at MobileCX Inc. Savannah www.mobilecx.com , shipping to
Europe was quick and without flaws.

Thanks to David, Wyatt and Christopher for helping with comments on the topic.

Otto (EDML)