Old March 8th 04, 09:04 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...

Is that always true? I know I hear this pattern sometimes, but I thought
it wasn't necessarily true.

Always true? I don't know, but if it's not it's certainly the norm. I try
to stay from absolutes because there are almost always exceptions. Note
that in another response I said "When controllers are working many
frequencies they typically broadcast on all of them simultaneously."

I recall working with a former Denver Center controller nearly twenty years
ago who described working a sector with multiple transceiver sites using the
same frequency. He had to select which site to use depending on the
location of the aircraft.

In any event, if he's spending time on the 'phone coordinating, we
won't hear that.

No, but if you don't hear him broadcasting to any aircraft he's probably got
nothing to coordinate.