Old March 9th 04, 09:08 PM
Richard Kaplan

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

None of that matters, all operations are governed by the same order.

And subject to local letters of agreement, individual Center policies, etc.

For example, several times I have requested a VFR-On-Top altitude assignment
in the New York area and I have been told flat out by the controllers that
their policies do not permit them to issue such clearances. Similarly,
there are areas of the country where as Visual Climb to a new IFR altitude
can be a very useful tool, yet in other areas of the country I have again
been told flat out that they never issue such clearances.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com