Old December 25th 05, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Most favorite ATC instructions (was: Least favorite ATC instructions)

On 22-Dec-2005, Ken Reed wrote:

I did three practice ILS approaches today. I got my favorite ATC
instruction on each of the first two:

1) Cirrus 0CM, slow to 110 knots for the Mooney in front of you.

2) Cirrus 0CM, slow 20 knots for the 737 ahead.

I was at 140 KIAS at the IAF each time.

Most high performance singles can go that fast on approach if you want (or
need) to. What I really like to hear (while cruising at 8000) is "Arrow
41N, you are overtaking traffic ahead. I'll need to move you to 7000 or
9000 for a few miles, your choice."

--
-Elliott Drucker