Old January 8th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default ANNUAL, 2005 Redux...

David Lesher wrote:

I keep hoping that someone somehow will figure out a way to move
some of the massive tecnology improvements we use (and ignore) daily
in our cars into the fleet; but I sure don't know what that route
is...

Yeah. I heard an ad on the radio about a shop that had the gear to read the
computer chips for diagnosis in cars. That set me thinking about the diagnosis
technique frequently used with aircraft; replace parts until something works. It
seems to me that it wouldn't be hard to get the FAA to sign off on at least a
diagnostic chip.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.