Old January 11th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Can I fly it at night?

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

But that means there was "factory-CAA/FAA" approved
documentation for LIGHTS and AC43.13 includes FAA
instructions for "acceptable practices" to add a battery
box, generators, switches and such other items of equipment.
I did not say at any time that it was as simple as putting a
Ford rear end in a Chevy, but I also gave the current FAA
procedures for beginning the field approval process...
It begins with research of regulations, previously approved
installations of similar types, manufacturers assistance,
writing a manual and creation of checklists, maintenance
procedures and placards, getting approval and finally;
actually doing the modification and approving for "return to
service."

Actually, you pretty much did say that it was as simple as putting a Ford
rear end in a Chevy. You just substituted "alternator" and "generator" for
"Ford" and "Chevy". The point is a field approval is often not as simple as
you seem to believe.