Old January 16th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Questions pondered at 6500 feet

It isn't any problem for a professional crew to fly any
approach at the airports they use. Scheduled airlines may
use only a few dozen airports and have only a few dozen more
available airports that they can use in an emergency. Plus
they must be route qualified. The charts are organized and
it only takes a few moments to select and tune for a
different approach.

It is recommended that when flying to a destination, all the
available approach plates for the destination and the
alternate be located and placed on the clipboard.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Bob Noel" wrote in
message
| In article DlEyf.701287$x96.296658@attbi_s72,
| "Jay Honeck" wrote:
|
| Seems like a giant pain for the flight crew, to have to
keep all the various
| approach plates, etc., at hand. (I'm assuming the
commuter airlines we
| usually hear don't have the sophisticated flight
controllers on-board, with
| all the pre-loaded approaches ready to be punched in at
a moment's notice?)