Old January 16th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Questions pondered at 6500 feet

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..

I believe Lakehurst, NJ still has the circular field where the Hindenburg
disaster happened. I used to see it out the right side of scheduled
airliners on the way from DCA to BOS just before going over NYC.

The question I have about this installation is what are the converging
sets of lines around it. IIRC there are 3 sets of 4 lines pointing into
the center of the circle.

Are you referring to the large circular area to the west of the current
runways? I don't believe that's where the Hindenburg disaster happened.
That part of the installation was constructed well after the Hindenburg
disaster. The big dirigible hangar, the blimp mooring circles, and the old
runways were all located further east.