Old April 7th 04, 06:37 AM
Jim Baker

Don't sweat getting your ticket with a 1/1 setup. It's more work, but USAF
pilots do it in airplanes traveling, at their slowest approach speeds,
faster than your fastest cruise speed. They do it all the time so my point
is you can do it too. Takes diligence, but very doable. Good Luck!

JB

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
I took the advice of Richard & others and put the 300XL up for sale.
I'll keep my 295 instead - and by the way I have never had the slightest
problem with reception with the standard antenna with the unit
yoke-mounted.

So, all I'll have is the KX-155 with GS receiver tied to a 209 indicator
and a Garmin 340 audio panel with marker beacons, which I also picked up
used. Quoted intall price for this equipment is under $2K. As for
the audio panel, my plane doesn't even have an intercom yet (I'm using a
portable), so this should be well worth the money.

I couldn't get an appt at the avionics shop until May 10th! Argh.

If anybody thinks it's really silly for me to do IFR training with only
1 comm and 1 nav I'd guess I'd like to hear that.