Old February 20th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Narrowing it down... Comanche?

Jay Honeck wrote:
There are quite a few Navion mechanics around and they aren't that
complicated, so once a mechanic who knows how to ask questions has worked
on a few for a bit they get fairly good at it. If you can find a Navion
with a new engine conversion (520 or 550) you have a really decent plane.

Speaking of which, we haven't heard about you and Ron doing any major trips
in the new bird yet? Whassup with that?
(Well, other than OSH, of course...)

You guys taking it down to SNF '06?

Well, we've had CRAPPY weekends... We did take it to NC where we
decided to buy and airport lot (www.longislandairpark.com phase II lot
12!) even though we had to land at another airport to pick up a rental
car. We haven't managed to have a decent weekend this year to get back
and now we are into a heavy season at work so I have to work a few
weekends. Those will be the severe clear ones, I'll be off for the
rainy ones (if anyone wants my schedule so they know when to plan their
trips, let me know :-). We have to fly down sometime soon with the
architect so hopefully weather, work and schedules will all come
together at the same time.

We've done a few fly around to no where in particular days, I flew a
reporter and photographer one day (keep you eye out for Teacher
Magazine!) and Ron went up with a friend of ours who is a former U2
pilot and a cfii. Maybe we can get Ron to finish up his instrument
rating at some point!

Next weekend is African Americans in Aviation weekend, so if I pull the
same tough duty I did last year I'll spend the day escorting a few
Tuskeegee Airmen around and making sure they are in the right place at
the right time. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it :-).

SNF would be great, but some of us have to WORK.

Talk to you soon,

Margy