Old February 24th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Default Very long boring technical discussion of Lift Faries adn ThrustDemons....(NASA)

Jose wrote:

An ostrich after all, with all it's feathers, CAN'T FLY.

Oh, come now. You need to apply mathematical and scientific reasoning.
It's already been experimentally established that it takes two pounds
of feathers to lift ten pounds of Canada goose. An ostrich weighs much
more than ten pounds, but does not have a commensurate amount of
feathers. Feathers are not magical, they operate by strict scientific
principles and an insufficient amount of feathers won't even make a
fruit fly.

If you want to convince me that it's not feathers, do some experiments.
Attach a pound of feathers for every five pounds of ostrich, and toss
the ostriches out of an airplane. Do this a statistically significant
number of times, and then we'll talk turkey.

Jose

OhMyGod! Shades of WKRP in Cincinnati!