Old February 26th 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR currency

"Julian Scarfe" wrote in message
"Chris" wrote in message

Reading the FARs it would seem to me that he would despite the fact that
the approaches were done legally in the respective JAR country.

What's your basis for believing that these approaches would not satisfy
61.57(c)?

The belief (mistaken) that in the second 6 months the way to become current
is to fly the requisite number of approaches etc with a safety pilot.

I also suppose that in the UK, the validity of an IMC rating of 25 months
seems to provide a lot of flexibility in terms of keeping the FAA/IR valid.