Old February 28th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Two 14 year old boys steal plane and then crash

wrote:

Then perhaps you can understand my position?

Sure do, although not knowing the details of this stolen aircraft, I am
unable to judge whether anyone was actually dodging responsibility.
Perhaps the boys will come forward, admit full responsibility, and request
the fullest penalty of the law as a response for their very stupid action?

Why are the youth of today
so far out of touch with common decency in society and seem to have
lost any sembalance of moral compass?

In cases such as this? Probably poor parenting. I have three young boys
ages 8, 6, and 1. Through my (and my wife's) actions and words, the older
are consistently taught responsibility, decency, and respect for authority.

They are absolutely held to a high standard and are accountable for every
one of their actions through swift discipline. My effective tool is more a
loud voice and removal of privileges rather than physical threat, although
in one memorable case even that was needed early on to stop some harmful
behavior, which it immediately did.

--
Peter