Old March 19th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Handheld Aviation Radio With Lots of Presets?

"C J Southern" wrote in message news

"Will" wrote in message

What handheld units have lots of preset positions available on them? I
would like to find one where the presets have dedicated buttons that I can
then label. At least six presets would be desirable. I'm trying to

avoid
having to program function keys to bring up presets with complex

keystrokes.
I want something that will bring up the stations I need most often with a
single button press.

How about something where you twist a knob and it cycles through a variety
of presets (with alpha-numeric descriptions?).

eg Icom A23?

or the Vertex VXA-210 Pilot...