Old April 18th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Buzzed?

Ross Richardson wrote:

We used to have a pilot come buzz our airport is a small aerobatic
plane. Not sure the brand. He had total disregard to any traffic in the
area. He would get down to 20' and run the runway. He would fly over the
top of folks, run head-on to departing aircraft then abruptly turn away,
etc. Our airport enacted an ordinance against high speed flight below
pattern altitude. Well, his antics finally caught up with him. He was
doing low level aerobatics over a marina on a near by lake and he
crashed and killed himself. Luckily he missed anyone on the water or in
the marina.

A death well deserved.

We had a AH from around here pull some low-flying crap a month, or so,
ago in Roseville, CA (near Sacramento). Unfortunately, he had a
passenger (who may have been an enabler). They died when they crashed
their "hottie" homebuilt into a home and also killed a totally innocent
19 year old young man asleep in his bedroom.