Old April 22nd 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Buzzed?

In a previous article, Roger said:
Back in the "old days" it was not uncommon to be flying along US
27/I-75 between Grailing and the straights and see fighters up close.

There was a case 5 or 10 years ago when a couple of fighters decided to
play "practice intercept" on a commerical airliner that had been cleared
through their MOA, not realizing that airliners have TCAS now. The
airliner reacted rather violently to the RA, and now the military doesn't
do that any more.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"I kept the faith and I kept voting/Not for the iron fist but for the helping