Old May 22nd 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning

Default Flight planning software the accounts for winds ?

Matt Whiting wrote:
Dico wrote:

What are some of the best flight planning software available? I've
never used any but perhaps I should after briefly reading here what
they can all do for you!

I've tried the Golden Eagle software that is free from CSC DUATS, and
the AOPA flight planner and maybe one other, but I typically keep coming
back to the simple flight planner in CSC DUATS. It doesn't show you
SUA, terrain, overlaid weather, etc., but it is fast and simple and I
like the print-out format the best of any of them.

Likewise. I found the quality of Golden Eagle to be laughable, or at least I was
able to quickly crash it a couple of time in the first 10 minutes of use, before
I uninstalled it. The AOPA flight planner annoys me with its click and drag
routing and absence of text-based routing. I always fall back to CSC DUATS. Fast
and painless.