Old May 29th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Careless Linemen

Skywise wrote:
Jonathan Simpson wrote in news:ZcednduRVs1KK-
:

entire requote snipped
Jim Macklin wrote:

Another reason not to live in New Jersey.

Or Oregon, same deal there with respect to full serve gasoline.

What happens if you insist on pumping the gas yourself?

There is no way I'd trust someone else to put gas into
my Harley. The technique required is similar to what I've
been reading of late for filling airplanes.

The response varies. Apparently they can get fined for allowing
non-Professional Dispensing Engineers to touch the gasoline pumping
machine apparatus. Attempting to do so can get you a very stern warning
or shout followed by who-knows-what. If the professional dispensing
engineer doesn't see you (not likely) or just doesn't give a damn you
may be in better luck. It's particularly frustrating when you just want
to fill a portable can and not have someone spill the gasoline you are
paying for all over the place.